Leaders in Governance
Thursday, 4 July 2019
12:30pm to 3:00pm
Venue to be confirmed
BRISBANE QLD 4000
Cost (Inc GST)
Focus on leadership
Effective leaders draw on diverse competencies that include high self-awareness, interpersonal skills, a well-rounded strategic orientation and a capacity for developing others — all while ‘getting the job done’ in increasingly complex market and stakeholder environments. Facilitated by Tom Loncar, Senior Executive Coach and Mentor, this seminar examines some of the key friction points that can exist for those who are navigating (or wish to make) the manager-to-leader transition.
You should attend if you are:
- seeking career transition into leadership
- a manager seeking to enhance leadership capacity
- an early to mid-career professional seeking to build leadership influence.
This seminar will present a range of evidence-based frameworks to help reveal both insights and developmental direction opportunities for participants, in areas that include the following:
- Cultivating gravitas and influence — are there potential blind spots you may wish to address?
- Flexing your leadership style — do you lean to task or relationship?
- Developing a hard edge for ‘soft’ skills — will this help or hinder your career?
- Addressing your ‘immunity to change’ — why is change so hard?
- Effective time management — is multitasking undermining your productivity?
Tom Loncar, Executive Coach
Tom Loncar is an executive coach and mentor. He has worked with senior executives, executive teams and high potentials across many sectors, and expands on his developmental ideas as a regular contributing writer on leadership for the Australian Financial Review and BOSS magazine.Tom has an extensive leadership background. He was formerly a principal and co-owner of a major Australian research and strategy consultancy, which he grew over a ten year period and sold to global consultancy Ipsos in 2007.
He has also held Executive Director and Research Director roles in consultancies where he has worked closely with major organisations and their leadership across state, national and international levels.
Tom’s academic background includes an MBA (AGSM), B Ec (UTas) and current postgraduate studies in psychology and the neuroscience of mental health (King’s College London).
Read Tom's article 'Gravitas, the X factor of leadership, can be cultivated'
- Networking lunch — 12:30pm to 1:00pm
- Seminar — 1:00pm to 3:00pm
Places are extremely limited — register now for this intimate not-to-be-missed seminar!