Governance and Risk Management Forum 2019 - Day Two
Wednesday, 19 June 2019
8:30am to 5:00pm
Pullman Sydney Hyde Park
36 College Street
SYDNEY NSW 2000
Cost (Inc GST)
Integrity. Accountability. Resilience
Strengthen your foundations to reinforce good governance and build resilient frameworks with insights from Australia’s business leaders.
Day two focuses on risk management and resilience. At a time of rapid and continuing change, the centrality of an effective risk resilience framework has never been clearer. Led by a panel of CROs and risk management leaders the day considers the circle of resilience — personal, organisational and societal resilience — and the mechanisms to curate and understand internal and external uncertainties to reinforce adept, agile and adaptable resilience frameworks.
Day two topics
- Curate and understand the most critical internal and external uncertainties
- Build an adept, agile and adaptable response
- Organisational and operational risk — examining best practice for continuity and resilience
- The fundamentals for a resilient culture
- Tools and techniques for resilience
- Risk and continuity, risk appetite and tolerance
- Top risk on the minds of CROs
- Cyber security — mechanisms for monitoring, planning and mitigation
Paul Bloxham, Chief Economist (Australia, New Zealand and Global Commodities) and Managing Director Global Research, HSBC
- Ken Weldin FGIA, Partner and Governance Leader, PKF
- Stacey Copas, Chief Executive Officer, Academy of Resilience
- Kerry McGoldrick FGIA, Partner Assurance and Advisory Services ShineWing Australia
- Sean Ward FGIA, Company Secretary & Head of Risk, Mirvac
- David Tattam, Director, Research & Training, Protecht
- Todd Williams, Director, NSW Cyber Security Network.
Who should attend?
The forum is suitable for a variety of sectors including those working in governance and risk management roles in the listed, non-listed, public sector and not-for-profit space.
Why do I need to attend?
2019 was a year that saw governance in the news more than ever before: the Banking Royal Commission, the IPCC's report on climate change, ASX Corporate Governance Principles' diversity reporting requirements, industry disruption caused by new technologies. This is the time to upskill.
Become a member and save
Members of Governance Institute save up to $100 on their registration for Governance and Risk Management forum.
Want more content?
Register for the event that best suits your needs:
See when this event is running in other states.