Governance and Risk Management Forum 2019
Tuesday, 11 June 2019 to Wednesday, 12 June 2019
8:30am to 5:00pm
14 Mill Street
PERTH WA 6000
Cost (Inc GST)
Integrity. Accountability. Resilience
Governance and Risk Management Forum 2019 is the key event for professionals looking to tackle the risk and governance challenges of an increasingly uncertain business environment. You will hear thought-provoking keynotes from industry leaders and challenging debates in our panel sessions that help you develop the skills needed to tackle the challenges facing all Australian organisations.
Governance and Risk Management Forum runs over two days — Day One focuses on governance and Day Two focuses on risk management. The event as a whole focuses on three key themes:
- Integrity: creating a culture based around ethical conduct and independence
- Accountability: scrutinising the roles and responsibilities of organisation leaders and boards, including strategy, transparency, and disclosure requirements.
- Resilience: creating the frameworks to understand internal and external uncertainties, and reinforce effective, efficient and agile risk management frameworks.
- Alan Langford, Chief Economist, Bankwest
- Kevin Lewis FGIA, Chief Compliance Officer, ASX
- Louise Forster, Head of Brand & People, Chorus
- Natalie Durr, Regional Commissioner Western Australia, Senior Executive Leader Enforcement WA and Criminal Intelligence, ASIC
- Liane Papaelias, Appointed Director Company Secretary, Rural Health West
- Kane Blackman FGIA , Commission Secretary, Insurance Commission of WA
- Jana Jevcakova, Director, Corporate Governance, Morrow Sodali
- Warren Baillie FGIA, Company Secretary, Woodside Energy Ltd
- Chris Courtis, Digital Forensic Investigator, PWC
- Lex Burke, Digital Forensic Investigator, PWC
- Deane Pieters, General Manager, Business Strategy & Growth, West Coast Eagles FC
- Andrew Rowell, Director, Investor Relations, Cannings Purple
Who should attend?
Those working in governance and risk management roles in the listed, non-listed, public and not-for-profit sectors, including:
- Company Secretaries
- Governance Professionals
- Chief Risk Officers and Risk Managers
- Legal counsel
- C-Suite, executive leadership and all senior managers.
Why do I need to attend?
2019 was a year that saw governance in the news more than ever before: the Banking Royal Commission, the IPCC's report on climate change, ASX Corporate Governance Principles' diversity reporting requirements, industry disruption caused by new technologies. This is the time to upskill.
Become a member and save
Members of Governance Institute save up to $225 on their registration for both days of Governance and Risk Management forum.
Can’t attend both days?
Register for the day that best suits your needs:
See when this event is running in other states.
National gold sponsor