Effective Director Course – Module 1: High-performing boards
Tuesday, 9 July 2019 to Tuesday, 9 July 2019
9:00am to 5:00pm
Governance Institute of Australia
100 Creek Street
BRISBANE QLD 4000
Cost (Inc GST)
Using the Tricker Model as an integrating framework, this module defines corporate governance and outlines how it operates in practice. Explore the boundaries between board and the executive, the balance between conformance and performance, and ensuring the appropriate level of monitoring and supervising of management activity.
- Define corporate governance and outline how it operates in practice.
- Examine the role and core duties of directors and the board.
- Analyse the key attributes of a high-performing board.
- Discuss the link between the board and board performance.
- Board and governance foundations
- The practice of corporate governance
- The high-performing board
- Practical matters – board meetings and board structure
Debora Jackson, Non-executive Director
Debora has over 30 years’ experience in the superannuation and financial services industry, as CEO of two industry superannuation funds, and through several other senior executive, and non-executive roles.
As a practiced non-executive director, with a demonstrated history of working in the 'Profit for Purpose' sector, Debora is a strong outcomes and governance driven professional, with proven ability to work across a range of industry sectors. She has skills in Leadership, Business Development & Transformation, Superannuation, and Corporate Governance.
Join and save
Members of Governance Institute receive a discount of up to $130 for the full day module — find out if you are eligible.