Improving Organisational Performance
This half day workshop is designed to explore the crucial issues in achieving sustained, superior organisational performance.
In particular, we examine the following areas:
- How effective is the board in determining, influencing and monitoring organisational performance?
- Is the board’s perception of organisational performance in sync with management’s? Does perception reflect reality? Are there any blind spots?
- How can the board more effectively assist management in achieving sustained, superior organisational performance?
In this course, you will:
- gain insights into how to critically review strategic directions for alignment with addressing organisational challenges and priorities, and to add value
- understand how a board may use indicators and influencing factors to monitor and support improved organisational performance
- recognise how business judgments are able to be made which optimise benefits, minimise costs and risks of various strategic options for improving performance and objectively assess current and future performance
- reflect on the importance of an appropriate ´tone at the top’ in balancing short and long-term performance within agreed risk-taking tolerances
- discuss topical issues, such as the extent to which boards may place reliance on advice, including the professionalism of managers to perform and the results of performance evaluations and audits.
See when this course is next being held in your nearest city
This course is not currently available online.