We offer three levels of membership to suit every kind of governance and risk professional — from CEOs to Directors and Risk Managers to Company Secretaries.
- Affiliate — for aspiring governance or risk practitioners looking to expand their knowledge. Postnominals gained — GIA(Cert)
- Associate — for professionals with at least six years’ experience or relevant academic experience. Postnominals gained — AGIA (Associate of Governance Institute of Australia)
- Fellow — for top-tier professionals with at least eight years’ experience or relevant academic experience. Postnominals gained — FGIA (Associate of Governance Institute of Australia)
If you become a member by completing the Graduate Diploma of Applied Corporate Governance, you will also be granted membership with the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA).
This will give you the internationally recognised postnominals of either ACIS or FCIS and the 'Chartered Secretary' designation.
There are three ways to join:
- By completing one of our postgraduate education courses
- By completing a Governance Institute Certificate
- By meeting the criteria for our Professional Entry Scheme (PES).